Shooting - a true Sport for All!
Shooting with smallbore rifles, air rifles or air pistols is part of one of the biggest participant sports in the country.
* open to all ages, genders, abilities
* over one thousand shooting clubs nationwide
* majority of clubs provide equipment and coaching
* male, female, the able and those with disabilities compete equally
* age no barrier – from being big enough to safely hold a firearm until well beyond retirement age
* various competitions around the country
The ATC is affiliated to the National Smallbore Rifle Association (NSRA) and the National Rifle Association (NRA). These two organisations are responsible for all civilian shooting and competitions within the United Kingdom.
Cadets from 2391 Squadron have the opportunity of competing in civilian shooting competitions both in smallbore and fullbore rifle.
All civilian shooting is self financing with no financial support coming from the ATC.
If a cadet has a genuine interest in shooting they would be encouraged to join a local gun club where they would have the opportunity of trying other weapons than those used in the Air Cadets, such as shotguns and flintlock rifles and maybe even black powder pistols.